While the FSM was launched on the 20 December 2011, its association was registered with New South Wales (NSW) Department of Fair Trading on 13 February 2012.
FSM Executive 2020
- President: Adj Assoc Prof Ken Harvey AM, MBBS, FRCPA, School of Public Health and Preventative Medicine, Monash University.
- Vice-President: Prof Paul Rolan MBBS, MD, FRACP, FFPM(UK), FFPMANZCA, Director Innovation, Health and Medical Sciences Faculty Office, Adelaide University.
- Chief Executive Officer and Secretary: Loretta Marron OAM, BSc, AssocDip(Bus), AAII, MACS.
- Treasurer and Public Officer: Prof Hubertus Jersmann MD, PhD, Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide.
- Assoc Prof Basia Diug PhD, Head (Quality and Innovation), Medical Education Research and Quality Unit, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University.
- Dr Paulina Stehlik, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice, Bond University.
- Dr Ian Musgrave, Senior Lecturer, Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide.
- Emeritus Prof John Dwyer
- Emeritus Prof Alastair MacLennan
- Prof Marcello Costa
- Prof Rob Morrison
- Dr Pallave Desari
- Dr Sue Ieraci
Work Groups Coordinators
- Web Site: Ian Gibbins
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube): Natalie Stevens & Kurt Van Ryswyk (executive status)
- Pharmacy: Ian Carr
- Pediatrics: Don Cameron
- Regulatory Compliance and Consumer Protection: Bruce Arnold
- Education (health science skepticism, health literacy): Basia Diug
- Laboratory Investigation: Bruce Campbell
- Chief Editor: Peter Arnold